Week 5 – Pro Tools and YouTube

Surfing the internet to look for useful and relevant sample recordings of JFK has been what the fifth week of my project has been all about. I have spent many hours downloading audio clips from JFK speaking about his policies on civil rights. Much of the material I have found was recorded after he came to be in office but some of the samples were during his election campaign. After finding these samples I have been using Pro Tools to edit the clips and place them where I feel they need to go to successfully tell the story of what JFK felt about the subject of civil rights. I have also booked out the Sound Theatre for the following week to record narration for this part of my soundscape. The narrator will be a friend who also studies at the University of Lincoln and I have worked with him before on previous projects.

Project Session
Project Session

YouTube has been a great resource for my samples and I have been downloading videos and ripping the audio form the video to achieve my samples. Towards the end of the week I have been preparing for the narration recording by writing a script based on my content research to ensure I give accurate information in my audio project. Week 6 will involve putting my samples, music and narration together to complete a rough version of the JFK movement of the piece. The scripts can be found in the ‘Supporting Materials’ tab and include all the narration of the four movements.